“Nurturing yourself is not selfish it’s essential to your survival and your well-being”
– Renee Peterson
Reflexology is the study of reflexes on the feet that correspond to every organ and system of the body. It is a natural, complementary and non-invasive therapy that stimulates the natural healing processes of the body.
With its roots in traditional Chinese and Egyptian healing practices that date back thousands of years, Reflexology aims to create balance and moderation within the body’s systems and organs.
‘Foot problems’ (although they may be helped with Reflexology), are not primary focus of Reflexology. Its effectiveness lies in its focus on calming excess energy and stimulating low energy, thereby encouraging a state of balance and a sense of overall wellbeing. Clients find it a deeply nourishing and relaxing therapy.
Benefits of Reflexology
- Promotes better sleep.
- Relieves anxiety, stress and tension, promoting a deep sense of relaxation.
- Improves circulation of both vascular and lymphatic systems.
- Helps harmonise the systems and organs of the body.
- Encourages energy to flow freely.
- Aids the efficient function of the immune system and respiratory systems.
- Diminishes fluid retention in the ankles and feet.
- Is complementary to other therapies.
Massage has an accumulative effect. Relaxation or remedial massages are always beneficial, even as a one off special treat. However for chronic or long term conditions, or if it has been some time since any bodywork, 2-3x weekly massages can speed up the healing process. As part of a maintenance wellness program a monthly massage is very therapeutic.