Whether you’re in need of relaxation, aromatherapy, or deep tissue therapy, our experienced practitioners can tailor a treatment to suit your body. A traditional therapy across cultures, the benefits of therapeutic massage have long been known:
- Release muscular tension, softening muscles and reducing pain, muscular spasms or cramping.
- Promotes endorphin release – the body’s natural painkiller.
- Stimulates circulation of blood and lymph, aids removal of fluid retention and toxins.
- Increases joint flexibility and mobility, improving range of motion and reducing joint stress.
- Improve healing and recovery time, reduce post surgery adhesions, oedema and scar tissue.
- Relaxes and nurtures to promote wellbeing and relieve stress and anxiety.
Types of Massage Treatments offered at Kansha
- Remedial Massage
- Deep Tissue
- Sports Massage
- Pregnancy Massage
- Triggerpoint Therapy
- Swedish Massage
- Relaxation Massage
- Aromatherapy Massage
- Lymphatic drainage Massage
- Massage and Dry Needling
How Will I Feel?
Most clients feel very relaxed, with freedom from long-term aches and pains. Often after an initial period of feeling slowed down, clients experience increased energy, heightened awareness and greater productivity. If you have not had massage before, or not for some time, you may experience some delayed soreness 24-48 hours later, as your body integrates the body work and removes toxins stored in the tissues. Normally after successive sessions there will be less delayed soreness as the tissues are in better condition.
Drink plenty of water after your session to help flush out the toxins released from the tissues. A soak in a warm Epsom salt bath is highly beneficial. Vigorous exercise is not recommended however a gentle walk or swim is fine.
Massage has an accumulative effect. Relaxation or remedial massages are always beneficial, even as a one off special treat. However for chronic or long term conditions, or if it has been some time since any bodywork, 2-3x weekly massages can speed up the healing process. As part of a maintenance wellness program a monthly massage is very therapeutic.